The US Government has release the FULL cost of the war on Iraq. While it was first stated to only cost the American Government $50-60 bil. the total cost has now come to $600 bil. This 5 years into the war our tax money has gone mostly to this war. While health care, education, better job, business loans, and the housing industry have all suffered. If we continue at this rate it will cost the US people $2-4 trillion depending on how long we keep our troops here.
But my man Obama has a plan:
Here are the core elements of my strategy to address our critical national security challenges in the 21st century:
- End the war in Iraq, removing our troops at a pace of 1 to 2 combat brigades per month;
- Finally finish the fight against the Taliban, root out al Qaeda and
invest in the people of Afghanistan and Pakistan, while making aid to
the Pakistani government conditional;
- Act aggressively to stop nuclear proliferation and to secure all loose nuclear materials around the world;
- Double our foreign assistance to cut extreme poverty in half;
- Invest in a clean energy future to wean the U.S. off of foreign oil
and to lead the world against the threat of global climate change;
- Rebuild our military capability by increasing the number of
soldiers, marines, and special forces troops, and insist on adequate
training and time off between deployments;
- Renew American diplomacy by talking to our adversaries as well as
our friends; increasing the size of the Foreign Service and the Peace
Corps; and creating an America’s Voice Corps.
So who do you want to answer the phone not just at 3am but ALL THE TIME!