Stores open at 8am July 11th. But is it really worth it after reading all the new fees you will pay for service. A descent plan is going to run you $130 a month.
AT&T today announced iPhone 3G pricing for new and existing AT&T customers, several attractive voice and data plans, and tips on how to be “iReady” when iPhone 3G goes on sale at AT&T retail stores at 8 a.m. local time on Friday, July 11.
“We can’t wait to offer iPhone 3G to our customers, and we want to make sure the buying process is as easy as possible,” said Ralph de la Vega, president and CEO of AT&T’s wireless unit. “Considering all the great new features of iPhone 3G, we think our pricing and monthly plans present a tremendous value for consumers and businesses alike.”
Make sure to go to this link http://www.att.com/iphone if you currently have an iPhone and want to check to see if you are able to upgrade.
Existing AT&T customers who are not currently eligible for an upgrade discount can purchase iPhone 3G for $399 for the 8GB model or $499 for the 16GB model. Both options require a new two-year service agreement. In the future, AT&T will offer a no-contract-required option for $599 (8GB) or $699 (16GB).
Just to make it clear:
If you have an iPhone v1. and got it after May 27th:
-Your price is a “free” upgrade.
If you have an iPhone v1 bought any time before that:
-Your price is $199(8gb)/$299(16gb)
If you have any other phone and you are outside your 2yr contract:
– Your price is $199(8gb)/$299
If you have any other phone with the ATT network and you are still in your 2yr contract:
– Your price is $399(8gb)/$599(16gb)
If you want the phone but don’t want to be bound to a contract regardless of existing contract length etc,
– Your price is $599(8gb)/$699(16gb)
If you are NOT an ATT customer currently
– Your price is $199(8gb)/$299(16gb)
And now for the magical plans:
* AT&T NationSM Unlimited: Includes unlimited Anytime Minutes for $129.99 a month.
* AT&T Nation 1350: Includes 1350 Anytime Minutes and unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes for $109.99 a month.
* AT&T Nation 900: Includes 900 Anytime Minutes and unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes for $89.99 a month.
* AT&T Nation 450: Includes 450 Anytime Minutes and 5,000 Night & Weekend Minutes for $69.99 a month.
Unlimited text messaging can be added for an additional $20 ($30 for FamilyTalk plans of up to five lines); $15 (1,500 messages), or $5 (200 messages).
Fun..Fun..fun…maybe I’ll just go get the Motorola Q and call it a day.