For the 10th annual State of the Black Union 2009 symposium, hosted and moderated annually by broadcaster Tavis Smiley, we’re offering the opportunity for ONE special blogger to sit on stage and ask the important questions of panelists in our first and exclusive live Webcast!
Not only that, you’ll be spending the whole weekend with Tavis and towering figures in the world of news and politics!
Imagine yourself hanging out for the weekend and engaging in dialogue with figures such as Dr. Cornel West or Danny Glover or maybe even Nikki Giovanni and Earvin “Magic” Johnson. Imagine what that means for your Web site, your blog…your career!
So, not only is this your chance to be part of the exclusive Web coverage of the top African American sociopolitical dialogue in the country, but you will also be invited to sit on stage for our first-ever Web journalists panel! You’ll report these historic events as they happen and actively participate in them.
Sounds good? We thought so too. Contest begins November 1st and ends December 5th. To be considered, you’ll need to submit on line at http://www.tavistalks.com/sobu2009
* Three (3) previously posted/published articles demonstrating legitimate coverage of news items of interest to African Americans
* Blog statement of purpose
* Short essay detailing how and why your blog should be chosen. The essay should include a description of the contribution you will make to the conversation and coverage of the weekend (maximum 500 words)
Here’s what we’ll do if you’re selected:
· Provide airfare, hotel accommodations (2 nights), and ground transportation for one (1) person
· Give you access to exclusive content. You can broadcast our Webcast live from your site as well as blog live from the Los Angeles Convention Center during the State of the Black Union 2009. Also, you will have exclusive access (including photo opportunities) at ALL of the VIP events prior to and after the State of the Black Union to interview the panelists and participants.
Without question, this is a chance of a lifetime and a career-changing opportunity for the winning Web journalist. Contest begins November 3rd and the winner will be announced online by December 15, 2008, to allow adequate time to make travel arrangements. We’ll get you here and make you famous! Will you be the one who will be joining us? If so, you better get to work!