I saw them make this last night on The Biggest Loser Families and thought it looks really good. So if you are trying to keep the weight off this Thanksgiving then check out this Healthy Turkey recipe from Rocco.
Serves 6-7 people Both versions.
Healthy Version – Ed
2 Double Turkey Breasts (6 lbs total)
2 cups Water
2 cups White Wine
2 cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock
1/4 cup carrots chopped
1/4 cup celery chopped
4 minced Garlic cloves
1/4 cup minced Onions
5 sprigs fresh Thyme chopped,
2 sprigs fresh Rosemary, chopped
5 fresh Sage leaves, chopped
1 bunch Italian parsley, chopped
4 Bay leaves
1 Tablespoon Whole Black Peppercorns
1 Tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
2 tsp salt substitute
1. In large kettle bring to boil broth, wine, water, carrots, celery, bay leaves, peppercorns, 2 garlic minced garlic cloves.
2. Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl to make a rub mixture.
3. Cover turkey breasts with the rub mixture and cover with plastic wrap.
4. Place turkey breasts in pot. Cover, then reduce heat and simmer 2 to 2 1/2 hour or until tender and meat thermometer registers 170 degrees F, turning turkey occasionally.
5. Remove turkey; cool; slice. Reserve poaching liquid for gravy.
* Note: chicken stock can be substituted for white wine in poaching broth.