Right On! and Black Beat, two of the oldest and most respected teen urban entertainment magazines, are seeking an ASSOCIATE/WEB EDITOR who will have the best of both worlds; the ability to not only create a fun, engaging and interactive website for the magazine and maintain it, but at the core the individual must be a sassy journalist with the ability to write articles for online site and the print component as well. Candidates should have eye for design and experience with development and maintenance of web site, be extremely organized, detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Significant knowledge of hip-hop music and culture required as well as a thirst for gossip and entertainment.
Ideal candidate will possess the following technical skills:
* Web site design, from rough prototype to functional site
* Experience in designing for content rich and/or publishing sites
* Candidate portfolio reflects contemporary cutting edge Web interface design
* An expert in Photoshop CS3, Illustrator, Flash CS3, etc.
* Have a great understanding and knowledge of social-networking sites and Web 2.0.
* Proficiency in Flash
* Experience with WordPress
Contact: Send cover letters, 3-5 writing samples and resumes to Danica Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do NOT call we will only contact candidates of interest.