My homegirl Saba Kennedy-Washington had some really awesome job hunting tips to share with the Greasyguide.com family. Check them out below:
- Incorporate yourself – look at yourself as a brand and NOT an employee. Gone are the days when one seeks jobs – You must take inventory of your skills – and see how you can transfer them across industries.
- Utilize social networking – to expand your contacts across continents –
- Be open to opportunities and be willing to travel – your next contract/gig might not even be in the USA.
- Learn how to navigate across cultural lines and connect with people of varying backgrounds because we are officially in a global economy.
- Be willing to volunteer to gain experience, new skill sets and for networking. With this approach, people can see what you are able to do – not just what your resume says.
WOW Saba…I love your thinking and EVERYONE needs to take her tips to heart.