Last night’s Golden Globes Awards was one of Hollywood’s biggest evenings, with no shortage of buzz-worthy moments. Bing took a look at the Golden Globes searches from last night and revealed the biggest moments of the show based on spikes in searches throughout the evening. Woody Allen’s no-show to accept the prestigious Cecil B. DeMille Award was the overall most-search Golden Globes Award moment for 2014, as many viewers were looking for insight to explain his lack of attendance.
Other top searches of the evening include:
· Jacqueline Bisset’s acceptance speech for Dancing on The Edge was one of the largest spikes of the night and the largest among nominees.
· Despite last night’s show being her Hollywood award show debut, Margot Robbie was the most-searched person from the red carpet show.
· Amy Poehler and Bono’s passionate kiss celebrating her win for “Best Actress in a Comedy TV Series,” was the co-host’s third spike in searches for the evening, following a flurry of inquiries for “Amy Poehler hot” after she first appeared on stage in her stunning blue dress.
· The baby bump was the favorite accessory of the evening among many of Hollywood’s leading ladies. While Kerry Washington and Drew Barrymore wowed the crowd, it was Olivia Wilde’s pregnant belly that stole the show on the red carpet and captured over 65% of the searches among the expecting mothers.
· While Robin Wright was expected to win Best Actress, TV show, nobody expected the “sideshow” that viewers received when she turned to accept the award. Searches spiked for Robin when she accepted the award and revealed the wardrobe malfunction.
· Two of the evening’s surprise winners, Matthew McConaughey and Brooklyn Nine-Nine (including star Andy Samberg), garnered two of the highest-spikes in searches for the night immediately following their unexpected wins.
For additional information about Bing awards season search data, check back at www.Bing.com/Awards which will be updated with content throughout the day.