Every online shopping experience should ensure that the consumers get value for their money. It is common to change your mind whenever you are shopping online. However, it is challenging to cancel your order when shopping on Poshmark. Here is how to cancel an order on Poshmark.
Poshmark is one of the trusted e-commerce platforms for home decor, fashion, beauty, and many more home improvement products. You can get premium-quality services/products from the Poshmark website. The premium quality products/services come at the expense of sifting serious buyers from fence-sitters.
It is challenging to cancel an order once you place an order on the Poshmark e-commerce platform. However, the article below addresses how to cancel an order on Poshmark.
What circumstances can an order be canceled
It is possible to cancel an order on Poshmark, but only under certain circumstances. The circumstances that make canceling an order on Poshmark include:
- Cancelation of regular purchases within 3 hours of pressing the Buy It Now on Poshmark.
- Cancelation of order by requesting the seller to cancel the order on Poshmark.
- Cancellation of an order that has not been shipped seven days after placing the order on Poshmark.
Below are some of the procedures that you can use to cancel an order on Poshmark
1. Cancellation of full-price purchases on Poshmark
You can cancel purchases made on the Poshmark e-commerce platform within 3 hours after pressing the Buy now button. The Buy Now button is available against full-priced items on the e-commerce platform. You can follow the steps below to cancel a full-price purchase within 3 hours.
Step 1: Log in to your Poshmark account before navigating to the My Purchases section.
Step 2: Locate your purchase item before clicking on it to highlight the purchase.
Step 3: Locate the Problems/order inquiry option before clicking on it.
Step 4: Locate the Accidental Purchase option before clicking on it.
Cancelation of Poshmark item 3 hours after pressing the Buy now button
The Poshmark sales policy dictates that the seller can commence the shipping process once 3 hours lapse after pressing the Buy Now button. However, your order cancellation options reduce to two options once 3 hours lapse after pressing the Buy Now button. The limited order cancellation option includes:
- Contact the Poshmark seller to cancel the order.
- Contact the Poshmark support team to cancel the order.
2. Contact the Poshmark seller to cancel the order
You can contact the Poshmark seller and request them to cancel the purchase 3 hours after making the order. You can get in touch with the Poshmark seller by tagging the users in a listing or creating a bundle before commenting on it.
However, premium accounts have the option of messaging the buyer directly. You can message the seller directly and request them to cancel the order. Sellers are not penalized for canceling orders, and most sellers are willing to cancel the Poshmark purchase.
3. Contact the Poshmark support team to cancel the order
You can also contact the Poshmark support team and ask them to cancel a purchase outside the 3-hour cancelation window. You can reach the Poshmark support team via email [[email protected]]. However, contacting the Poshmark support team has a few setbacks that include:
- The support team takes longer than a day to respond, and the shipment may be en route.
- The Poshmark support team declined the cancellation request to safeguard the seller's interests.
However, your cancellation requests have a high probability of success if it is your first time canceling a Poshmark purchase. The Poshmark support team can grant a purchase cancelation request if:
- The Poshmark sale was an accidental purchase.
- The Poshmark purchase was from a hijacked account.
- The payment method was not legit.
- Sale of a counterfeit product/item.
- Poshmark sale from a suspicious account.
Can you cancel a Poshmark purchase made via an offer?
You can cancel a purchase on Poshmark made via an offer. Sellers and buyers on Poshmark can use the bidding feature to purchase items. A Poshmark seller can post an offer before Poshmark buyers can bid on the item on sale. A buyer can request the seller to cancel a purchase via bidding without a penalty to the seller.
Can you cancel a Poshmark order that has not shipped?
You can cancel any Poshmark order if the shipment for the item is dormant after seven days from the day of purchase. The 7-day shipping window safeguards the interest of the seller and buyer. You can follow the steps below to cancel a Poshmark order with an inactive shipment status of more than seven days.
- Log in to your Poshmark account before navigating to the My Purchases section.
- Locate your purchase that is more than eight days old from the day of purchase before clicking on the Cancel order option
There are several inactive sellers and inactive closets on the Poshmark e-commerce platform. You can message a dormant seller to speed your shipment process, but the chances of success are less because they may not access their account for more than a month. The Poshmark platform has an automatic order cancellation policy if the seller does not ship the product within 21 days without the seller canceling the order.
Can Poshmark sellers cancel an order?
Poshmark sellers have a favorable cancellation policy that does not affect their Poshmark accounts. Poshmark sellers can cancel an order because of various reasons. Some of the reasons that Poshmark sellers can use to cancel an order include:
- Poshmark seller running out of products.
- Poshmark sellers list incorrect specifications like the size, color, and price of a product.
- Poshmark sellers damage the product while in storage or loss of product before shipping.
- Poshmark sellers have a change of heart about selling the product.
Poshmark sellers will not be penalized for canceling orders, and Poshmark buyers can expect to get a full refund for a canceled purchase.
Time is essential whenever you want to cancel a Poshmark purchase. The earlier you cancel an order (within the 3-hour cancellation window), the better your chances of going through the cancellation process without challenges.